2014 is coming to an end (it’s only 8 here so I’ve still got 4 hours to go,) so it’s time to recall all of those amazing books/series that I’ve read this year. Disclaimer (a small one)- This list might be missing a book that I loved and read this year, but I decided to compile my list of books that I’m 100% sure I read in 2014.
Trying to organize my favorite books of the year into a certain order is definitely a challenge, but I think I came up with a good order.
14. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart- I know there’s a lot of mixed feelings about this book, but I enjoyed reading it and wasn’t spoiled about the ending ahead of time. It’s also the first book I reviewed on my blog, so there’s a bit of a sentimental value.
13. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan- I must say, I’m kind of sad to see this book so high up on the list. I mean, it’s the last Percy Jackson book, but it wasn’t as phenomenal as I expected it to be. Although, it is the last PJ book and I still (kind of) loved it.
12. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- Before I started this series, I heard nothing but good things about it, and I loved the first two books. However, after reading Crown of Midnight, ToG wasn’t quite as impressive as it was before reading the sequel.
11. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski- I was pleasantly surprised by this one, it was much different then I thought it would be and it was a great read.
10. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass- Yes, this is all three books, but we’re counting it as one. Basically, all the series in this list are counted as one because I couldn’t chose just one book since they’re all fantastic.
9. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker- I was honestly shocked when I found out this was a debut novel. It’s so beautifully written and I definitely recommend checking it out.
8. Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin- I really can’t say much about these because of spoilers, but they’re great paranormal/mystery books.
7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- I must have been the last person alive to finish this novel because I finished it yesterday (December 30th) but it was beautiful. Historical fiction, narrated by Death, and great characters? Yes please.
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- This was my first Rowell book and it was so damn cute and had fantastic characters. My collection of her books has already grown and I cannot wait to dive into her writing next year.
5. The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken- I bought The Darkest Minds this summer on a whim. The cover was pretty and the synopsis sounded really cool. I was then sucked in by this series and was one of the many fans eagerly awaiting the release of In the Afterlight this October. Bracken is definitely an auto-buy author now.
4. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas- Oh look, another SJM book. Like I said earlier, this series gets better and better with each book. Crown of Midnight was purely awesome and I cannot wait to see how Heir of Fire plays out. Maas is also a new auto-buy author and I’m excited for her new series that’s coming out later in 2015.
3. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare- The epic Mortal Instruments series came to an end this year and Clare certainly knows how to wrap up a six book series. I cried so many times reading this novel and I’m not even ashamed because it was so good. Plus, we get two more series with some of my favorite characters in the upcoming years!
2. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson- I seriously think I’m typing the same over again, so instead you can listen to me rave about this book here while I sit and wait for the second book because I cannot wait!
1. The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare- If you’ve been following me for a while, you might know about my immense love for this series because it’s fantastic. There’s a beautiful world, an awesome protagonist, very swoon-worthy males, and a intriguing plot line. So, if you have yet to pick a Cassandra Clare book I highly recommend that you pick up Clockwork Angel and start reading!
So there’s my top 14 books for 2014 and I hope you guys had a wonderful 2014 and that your 2015 is even better then this year!