Last week, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Christina from Girl in the Pages! So thank you Christina and you all should check out her amazing blog!
Instructions for this Award:
To show the award on your blog.
To thank the person who nominated you.
To share seven facts about yourself.
To nominate fifteen blogs.
Seven facts about me:
- I am such a music geek. I currently play two instruments; I main on oboe and piccolo is for marching/pep band at school, although I am starting to enjoy playing piccolo more. I know more about classical music and musicians then the ‘what’s hot’ music. Some of my favorite pieces are the Albinoni Concerto in D minor (performed this yesterday at a competition!), all three movements of the Vaughan Williams Oboe Concerto, and Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky.
- When I get older, I want to go into the medical field. At this moment, I would want to specialize in optometry or neuroscience but that might change as my interests change, although it’s unlikely I’ll want to do anything else unless I actually get around to writing/publishing a book.
- I despise most of this generation’s pop culture. I’ve never liked most of the music, the clothing style, people’s attitudes or the amount of judgement. Therefore my knowledge of most pop culture stuff is way below the average teenage girl.
- When I was growing up, my mom would read the Harry Potter books out loud to my brother and I, but I would get so impatient that I would start reading the next one without them. By the time my mom finished all of them for the first time, I had read the entire series twice.
- I am naturally a very competitive person and I always feel a need to win. It doesn’t matter if it’s the stupidest thing, such as who can get to the stapler first or who makes better scrambled eggs, I have to beat other people. So let’s say I have a competition of some sort coming up soon, that is all I will talk about for the week or so before, it drives my friends insane.
- I adore manga. I especially love most shojo manga because most of them are so silly and have very teenage-girl-stereotypical problems that it’s hilarious. Some of the best are also the high fantasy manga series because the artwork is so stunning. Some of my favorites are Shugo Chara, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kitchen Princess, and Card Captor Sakura. If you know of any good manga, let me know!
- In 7th grade, I was determined to get better at using my left hand (I’m right handed) for completing various tasks, so every week for that entire school year, I painted my nails a different color. It was horrendous in the beginning, but I did start to get better and now my left hand is a bit stronger then before!
I’m choosing not to nominate anybody this time, however if you would like to participate in the award/tag, consider yourself tagged and go wild! Again, thanks Christina, this was a lot of fun to put together!