Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is the top ten authors we’d love to meet. I wish I could meet more than ten, but here are some of my favorites!
- J. K. Rowling- Let’s be real, who wouldn’t want to meet her?
- Victoria Aveyard- I’m always super amazed when I find a debut author that just totally blows me away, and Aveyard did just that. I loved Red Queen and it would be amazing to meet her and talk about her writing process.
- Alexandra Bracken- I’ve seen a few videos with Bracken in them and she’s such a sweet and funny person and a fabulous author. I can’t wait to read more by her and would be thrilled if I got to meet her one day!
- Cassandra Clare- I adore her books and the Infernal Devices will always be one of my favorite series so how could I not want to meet this amazing lady?
- Rick Riordan- The majority of us on the blogosphere grew up with Percy Jackson and I’m no exception. I love all of his Greek mythology books (Heroes of Olympus, Percy Jackson and the Olympians). Meeting Rick would be amazing and I would have no shame in getting my old, beat up copy of The Lightning Thief signed.
- Libba Bray- I’ll be honesty, I haven’t read much my Libba Bray, but I have read Beauty Queens and it’s one of my favorites! I haven’t read the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, but I will sometime soon just because it’s another book by Libba Bray.
- Rainbow Rowell- Her books are just so damn cute and I feel like she’d be a great person to meet and fangirl with. I mean, she wrote a book called Fangirl, so what more could you want?
- Leigh Bardugo- I’m about half way through her Grisha Trilogy, and I can’t put it down! I recently reviewed Shadow and Bone, which you can check out here and I’m flying through Siege and Storm. I need to get Ruin and Rising asap!
- Lauren Myracle- As a child (aka 9-12), I think I read every Lauren Myracle book she wrote. I basically grew up with Winnie and could relate to her struggles and accomplishments immensely, which helped me through some more difficult times in my life.
- Kathy Reichs- Reichs wrote one of my favorite action-packed, heart thumping novels, Virals. Plus, her books inspired the TV show, Bones which I adore. What’s not to love?
So, there you have it! The top ten authors I want to meet. Feel free to discuss your top ten or link back in the comments! I’ll be sure and check it out!