I can’t believe another month of this year has come and gone, and it’s almost June, which means… I’ll be out of school soon! I’m so pumped to be done with another year of school and for summer to come around where I have time to read without procrastinating on my responsibilities. Anyways, May was a pretty good month for me. I finally got myself out of that ridiculous several month blogging/reading slump and it makes me so happy to be pack in the game.
- Books Read- 8 (1 unfinished, 1 novella)
- Goodreads Challenge- 22/70 books read. Yep, I’m still 7 books behind schedule due to that unfortunate slump.
- May TBR Jar- My pick for May was Cinder, which was a re-read but it was needed so I could remember what happened and continue on with the series. I did read Cinder last month, so another success.
As I mentioned before, I read 8 books this month which is pretty good considering I didn’t really get back into reading until around the 10th. Let’s get into those books!
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo | Review
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo | Review
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer | Review
- Nothing but Shadows by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan (novella)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas | Review
- The Heir by Kiera Cass | Review
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
I have a quick surprise! I’m close to hitting a small milestone (well, it’s big for me) and I’ve been thinking about making an Instagram for my blog. I know many bloggers have a Twitter account for their blog, but seeing how I despise Twitter I thought it would be fun to have an Instagram to post pictures of my current reads, pretty book covers, ect.
I’ve seen some pretty nice bookstagrams and they look so cute, so I thought, why not? I’ll keep you guys updated if this happens!
Random Feels (mostly TV, not going to lie)
I can’t lie to you guys. I’ve been watching lots of TV lately. I just can’t help it!
Okay, enough excuses. Lately I’ve been marathoning Friends because I’ve never actually seen it and it’s quite funny, I do enjoy a nice funny TV show I can binge watch. With summer shows quickly approaching, my winter/spring shows are all ending, such as Bones (which I need to get caught up on), Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, and The Night Shift. Season finales are always sad, but now I have something to look forwards to in the fall.
A few days ago, I started watching The 100 on Netflix and I love it so far. I needed a new action packed drama to keep me entertained and this is certainly doing the trick! I even got my brother addicted, whoops.
Wrap Up and June TBR
To wrap up this fun month, we’re going to pick a new title from the TBR Jar!
My pick for June is Insurgent by Veronica Roth! I’ve actually been avoiding continuing on with eh Divergent series because I got spoiled pretty early on, but I might as well give it a go.