I know… Another tag, but I promise I’ll have a book review up soon, possibly tomorrow! Anyway, I was tagged by two lovely bloggers, Yvo @ It’s All About Books and Find Me at the Library! Thank you for the nominations and let’s get into the questions.
QUESTIONS FROM YVO
1. What is your favorite read so far this year?
Oh no, this is such a hard question. I’ve read a lot of great books this year but my favorite of the year (so far!) will have to go to either The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough or Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. Both of these were fantastic and even though they’re very different genres I can’t choose!
2. Physical copy, e-copy or audiobook?
I honestly have no preference. I’ve never tried an audiobook and while I do love the look and feel of physical copies I love my nook and how convenient it is! Perhaps I’ll do my post of the age-old “e-reader vs physical copy post” one day…
3. Which five things you can’t live without when you go on vacation?
Phone charger (includes phone?), a good book, dry shampoo, a notebook, clothing…?
4. Which travel destinations are high on your list if money wouldn’t be a problem?
I want to travel so bad! I love traveling but I don’t get to do it a whole ton. My dream travel locations are kind of stereotypical, but I want to see them all so bad. London (#1 for sure), New York, Egypt, Paris, Sicily, Greece, the list could go on forever.
5. What is your favorite genre and book belonging to that genre?
Young adult fantasy for sure, just look at my reviews! I’m also going to let you guys know for probably the millionth time that I love the Infernal Devices, so I would say my favorite is Clockwork Princess.
6. If you could have any superpower, which one would it be?
Teleportation! I can’t drive and sometimes it’s quite annoying having to get around on buses so being able to teleport would make things so much easier.
7. How do you decide what you read next? Do you have a TBR jar; and if you do, do you always read the book you pick?
I pick on a whim, it honestly depends on what kind of mood I’m in. I do have a TBR jar and used to pick from it monthly, but the poor thing is sitting forgotten. If I really can’t pick a book, I will pick something from my TBR jar and try to read that next.
8. What are your thoughts on DNFing a book?
I don’t mind DNFing a book because if I’m really not enjoying I don’t want to waste my time reading something I don’t like if I could be spending my time reading something I do like. In fact, I’ve even posted a DNF review on what wasn’t working for me.
9. Love triangles: do you enjoy them or are they a huge turn off?
I don’t necessarily enjoy them, but love triangles aren’t always a huge turn off for me. I don’t mind the love triangle in the Infernal Devices or ACOTAR (there is one, Rhysand is totally an option) for say, but others do annoy me. For example the love triangle (square?) in the Grisha trilogy. What even is this?
10. What genres do you normally stay away from?
Non-fiction, autobiographers, mysteries, thrillers, and erotica.
11. What is your favorite supernatural creature? Why?
Fairies. They always have interesting mythology and there is such a wide variety of fairies to read/write about. Plus, I think they’re the least over done. I’ve definitely read more werewolves, vampires, witch/wizards, ect. novels.
FIND ME AT THE LIBRARY’S QUESTIONS
1. How would you describe your taste in music?
It’s such a mix. I like pretty much anything that isn’t rap or metal. I love classical, electronica and pop the most! (Such an odd list.)
2. Have you ever turned down a recommended book because it looked bad, but read it years later and loved it?
I have to admit, I’ve never picked up a book that I turned down because it looked bad. I’ll have to try one out and see what I think now!
3. Rank the holidays from most to least favorite.
Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines, St. Patrick’s, Easter, New’s Year, Independence Day. All of the ones that involve fireworks are last due my neighbors love of fireworks late a night!
4. What are you looking forward to most in the last half of 2015?
I’m honestly excited to go back to school, especially because I’m taking some college classes along with my high school class so I’m excited to experience that. Of course, I’m also excited for new book releases like Queen of Shadows, Sword of Summer, Passenger, ect.
5. Of all the holidays, which one is your favorite?
Christmas! I just love that time of the year and all of the decorations and festive-ness. I also love buying people presents and seeing their reactions!
6. How do you pick the next book to read?
See #7 of the last post.
7. What is the first book that comes to mind when you hear “romance?”
Anything by Nicholas Sparks, actually. Almost every book that I read has some degree of romance but Nicholas Sparks is the classic romance guy, plus I love the Notebook movie.
8. Do you have a favorite tv show that you could watch over and over?
Definitely How I Met Your Mother, as I’m currently rewatching some of it to get over the emotional pain that was the first season of Reign. I also love rewatching older episodes of Grey’s Anatomy and see how much the show has changed since the beginning (my little baby interns aren’t interns anymore!)
9. Where do you get most of your books?
Barnes and Noble or Book Depository. I ordered from Amazon once but the cover was smashed so I’ve kind of avoided Amazon since.
10. What song best describes you?
Oh no… I have no idea. I could geek out and say my favorite classical piece (Pictures at an Exhibition!) but that probably doesn’t make sense unless you also play an instrument and have heard it.
11. Are you excited for Autumn?
Yes! Autumn is my favorite season and I can not wait to start wearing my boots, jackets and scarves again. I can also cuddle up in blankets without dying from heat! I just love Fall/Autumn and can’t wait for September and October to roll on around. I’m done with Summer now.
- What’s your favorite snack food?
- Would you rather be a bookseller or author?
- What is you dream job?
- Do you have any strange bookish habits?
- What’s your favorite part about blogging?
- Have you ever read a book based purely on the cover? If so, what was it and how did you like it?
- Favorite childhood book(s)?
- Tell me a funny story that happened to you or someone you know.
- How has 2015 been so far?
- What are your dream travel locations?
- What are your thoughts on manga/anime?