It’s September and Fall is in the air! Woohoo! Some of you guys may know how I despise Summer, so I’m very excited that the last month of Summer is over. Also, contrary to many other High School students, I’m quite ready to go back to school. I start school hopefully on the 9th (this depends if my school district goes on strike or not, it’s also being decided tomorrow. I could potentially starts weeks later.)
I don’t expect my reading to decline much this month, in fact I bet I’ll be reading more. For the month of September the only class I’m taking at the High School is band (band nerd and proud) since my college classes don’t start until late September! I’m really bored of having time off now.
I had a little reading slump of two weeks in the beginning of the month, so I didn’t get nearly as much reading in as I wanted, but this month I read four books and two novellas.
Books I read this month…
- Pale Kings and Princes by Cassandra Clare (Shadowhunter Academy #6)
- Stardust by Niel Gaiman | Review
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor | Review
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
- Bitter of Tongue by Cassandra Clare (Shadowhunter Academy #7)
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas | Book Talk
I’m still 6 books behind schedule on my reading challenge (hooray!) of 70 books and at this point I seriously don’t know if I can finish. I think I can considering that last year I started blogging in August and read approximately 30 books before the end of the year (which is how many I need) so it might happen. I believe I can!
As I mentioned, I reached my one year bloggiversary this year, which was so wonderful and you can check out my post about that here, if you want. This month, during my little slump I still kept up with my blogging by posting an absurd amount tags and awards, which was still tons of fun! If you’ve tagged me for an award lately and I haven’t gotten around to doing it, I do apologize! I promise I’ll try to do them in all time. 🙂
Next month I think I’m going to try to get caught up on all of my series and finish some ebooks I was sent to review forever ago. Here’s some of the books I would love to get to this month…
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- Days of Blood and Starlight & Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
- Scarlet & Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Cruel Beauty & Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
So while I had an okay reading month, I would love for this month to be even better and possibly catch up on my reading goal, even though I say that every month. I hope you guys had a great month and that you’re looking forwards to the Fall season too, even if you are a little bittersweet about Summer ending.