Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely The Broke and the Bookish. This week was a freebie and I’ve been wracking my brain and looking at other posts trying to decide what to do. Last time there was a freebie, I talked about my top ten fictional boyfriends, but this week I’m going to be talking about the top ten books that I’m so happy were recommended to me!
1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare- My brother doesn’t read a whole lot, but funnily enough he’s the one who sort of recommended this to me. He had gotten on his nook because he thought it would be a cool steampunk novel, and while he didn’t really like it (not his type of book), he told me I might. I’m pretty sure I read TID before I picked of City of Bones, so shoutout to my brother for introducing me to my favorite author.
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- I get a lot of my book recommendations from reading various posts from you guys, and one book that got a lot of hype and I hadn’t read yet was Fangirl. It was brought to my attention after I read Anna and the French Kiss that I had to read Fangirl, so I did…. and I loved it!
3. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan- Surprisingly, this is another my brother gave to me to read. I read this for the first time when I was younger (I wanna say 12 because I think I was older than Percy?) and these books are what spiked my interest for Greek Mythology.
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- If any of you guys watch booktubers, you know how much Katytastic loves this series. I recently read DoSaB and thought it was one of the coolest things I’ve read in a long time and I plan on finishing the series this month.
5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- I’m sure many of you now know how much I adore Sarah J. Maas, and how much I love YA fantasy (it’s the majority of what I read), but this love wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t brought to my attention (nearly a year ago!) that I needed to read this series.
6. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld- I’m now starting to think that I lied when my brother doesn’t read a lot. He obviously doesn’t read nearly as much as I do, but he recommends a good amount of books to me. He’s probably the reason why I now enjoy a good steampunk novel because I ended up reading all three of the Leviathan books!
7. Velvet by Temple West- I saw a book review on this over at wordsweheart and she loved it and the synopsis was interesting, so I picked it up. I ended up also loving it! It was such a cute little book with an interesting blend of contemporary and fantasy.
8. A Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough- This was recommended to me by my friend (shoutout to Rosemary) and it’s one of my favorite books of 2015. I honestly adored everything about this book and I think everyone should read it because it’s so unique and beautiful.
9. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi- The Shatter Me trilogy is another book series that the blogosphere loves and I wanted to be a part of that gang too. I was kind of iffy on Shatter Me and Unravel Me, but you guys told me to just keep continuing on with the series, so I did. I’m so glad I did because Ignite Me blew me away! I read it in one sitting and was just a mess afterwards.
10. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes- This one wasn’t necessarily recommended to me. Last year, I needed to do an independent book project for school and I could chose a book off of a pre-approved list of books for my year. I chose Flowers for Algernon and it was such an emotional and eye opening read. It deals with social issues in such an intense manner that you can’t help but re-think how you act around others. I’m so glad I chose this book because it honestly did change my life a little bit.