Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely The Broke and the Bookish. It’s been a long time since I’ve done a TTT, and since this week is a freebie I’ve decided to do a fun and trivial topic! So, today I’m going to be ranking my favorite men from the Shadowhunter world, with 12 being my least favorite and 1 being my favorite. (Sorry I couldn’t keep it to 10).
Warning: My sass comes out quite a bit in this post. So basically, this has turned into a very sassy post. Sorry about that.
12. Sebastian Morgenstern (TMI)- I mean… Who else would you expect? This guy is just evil and pretty crazy.
11. Malcom Fade (TDA)- You know, I really did like Malcom until certain events go down. I can’t help it, ditzy warlocks are quite amusing.
10. Nathaniel Gray (TID)- You hurt my babies, you hurt me.
9. Valentine Morgenstern (TMI)- He may be a terrible father, but what a great villain. I honestly quite like Valentine as a character, I think he has one of the most interesting pasts, which makes him so compelling as the evil dude.
8. Luke Garroway (TMI)- I don’t have anything against Luke per say, but we’re already inching into some of my favorite characters and he’s gotta go somewhere. To be totally honest, he doesn’t stand out as a character to me very much, but I still like him.
7. Simon Lewis (TMI)- Good lord is Simon annoying in the first few books. However, once he transitions into a vampire, and starts dating Izzy he quickly becomes one of my favorite characters. Plus, he gets some of the best lines in the novels.
6. Julian Blackthorn (TDA)- I have this feeling that Julian is going to go insane in the rest of the series from taking care of the kids, Mark, and now the mess with Emma. But at the current moments he’s my cute little artist.
5. Jem Carstairs (TID/TMI/TDA)- Such a cute little fluff ball who must be protected at all cost. I love Jem, Brother Zacharias, and future Jem, so here he is on this list! While I do prefer Wessa, I must also admit how adorable him and Tessa are together.
4. Jace Whatever (TMI)- Jace truly does grow on me as the series progresses, especially as both him and Clary mature. The TV show/movie does not do poor Jace justice and I think I forget this at times.
3. Magnus Bane (Every Shadowhunter Book Ever)- All hail the queen of sass, glitter, magic, and having the best cat names ever. Never leave us Magnus.
2. Tiberius Blackthorn (TDA)- Tiberius is the most adorable Shadowhunter ever. I love the fact that he wants to be a detective and how much that actually plays into the novel. Plus I totally ship Ty and Kit.
1. William Herondale (TID)- Wow, I bet you didn’t see this one coming did you? He will always be my number one book boyfriend and you can not fight me on this one.
Honorable Mentions Whom I Also Love
- Henry Branwell (TID)
- Raphael Santiago (TMI)
- Mark Blackthorn (TDA)
- Alec Lightwood (TMI)
- Gideon and Gabriel Lightwood (TID)
Okay this was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Every time I thought about the books again I would remember someone new and have to rethink the whole list… Anyways thank you for reading this absolute mess of a post. I’ve just been a bit stuck in the Shadowhunter Universe and thought I’d take advantage of the freebie week. Feel free to let me know your favorites (or least favorites!) in the comments!