Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme created by gingerreadslainey and hosted by Sam @ThoughtsOnTomes. You find out more about T5W and the weekly topics on the Goodreads group here. Since the Top Ten Tuesday topics no longer interest me, I’ve decided to jump on the Top 5 Wednesday bandwagon!
This week’s topic is most unlikable characters!
NOT VILLAINS! These are protagonists or side characters that are unlikable! (These should lean more towards characters who aren’t intentionally unlikable. Not villains, or mean girl/guys, etc.)
- Gale Hawthorne- My first read through of this series, I really disliked Gale, and that seems to be a pretty common theme with my friends. He doesn’t have much going for him, and how can you compete with Peeta?
- Eadlyn Schreave- Not only does she have the hardest name to pronounce in existence, but she has to be one of the most disliked characters in the entire blogosphere. Eadlyn is annoying, entitled, and spoiled (especially in The Heir), which does not make a good protagonist.
- Mal Oretsev- Honestly, I don’t know if this is just a me thing, but Mal is such an unlikable character. He’s okay in the first book, but he turns into a possessive love interest who holds Alina back. No thank you.
- Rowan Whitethorn- I feel like this one needs a flashing warning sign that says “Warning! Unpopular Opinion!!” because it sure is. Rowan is so liked among a lot of people, but I’ve never understood it. He’s aggressive, over protective, and too violent, which all add up to him being an unlikable character for me.
- Jason Grace- Does the most useless crew member of the Argo II really need an explanation for why no one likes him?
Let me know if you agree or disagree with any of my choices, and if you have your own T5W, feel free to share it!