This week’s topic is authors you are waiting on another book from!
These are your favorite authors who you want to write another book but haven’t yet. Or they are writing something, but no title or synopsis has been released and it isn’t coming out until 2018. Try to keep this to authors who haven’t announced anything concrete about a new book, not authors that have a highly anticipated release coming out before the end of 2016.
Because I apparently suck at this topic, I’m going to modify ever so slightly and include authors who may have upcoming release slotted for 2017/2018, but there is very little information about.
- Libba Bray- I loved Beauty Queens and thoroughly enjoyed The Diviners (which I have to continue), but I would love to read more of her books, and also see her publish some more because I think they get better each book.
- Marci Lyn Curtis- She wrote The One Thing which I read earlier this year and loved. At the moment, I don’t think she has anymore planned books, so I’d absolutely love to see more of her books.
- Martha Brockenbrough- Has plenty of books which I’ve yet to read, but she wrote The Game of Love & Death, which is now one of my absolute favorites, and I’d like some more historical fiction from her, because she kills it.
- Scott Westerfeld- Okay, okay, I’ll admit I haven’t read the Uglies series, and Afterworlds is still on my shelf waiting to be read, but I have read the Leviathan trilogy, and really enjoyed it. Westerfeld did just announce a new series which I might consider picking up, but I miss her steampunk books.
- Renee Ahdieh- My new favorite fantasy re-tellings author! After flying through both books in The Wrath & The Dawn series, I want to read every book she writes because I adore her writing style.