Well, even though I did absolutely nothing in this entire month, it still seemed to fly by (much like most of 2016). Although this doing absolutely nothing did fantastic things reading and blogging wise. Shall we take a look at the last month?
So last month I read five books, and I said hopefully I could get through some more this month. Oh boy, did I get through some more. I managed to get through 10 whole books this month, which is the most I’ve read in a month all year long.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne | Review ★★
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead | Review ★★
- Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine | Review ★★★★
- Magonia by Maria Dhavana Headley | Review ★★★
- The Purity Myth by Jessica Valenti | Present from my mom ★★★★
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima | Review ★★★★★
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead | Review ★★★★
- The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima | Review ★★★★★
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead | Review ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling | 2016 reread ★★★★★
I’m currently reading both The Gray Wolf Throne and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I plan on rereading the entire HP series, because even though I hated Cursed Child, it still made me want to reread all the books.
August, in terms of blogging has been phenomenal. This has been my best month of blogging (stats and fun-ness) ever, in all of my 2 years of blogging, so thank you all so much for that! I couldn’t do any of this without you. I also posted like crazy this month, and it was so much fun. I hope to keep that up in September. Maybe it helped that on Sunday I planned out all of my posts for the week and wrote them down in my planner!
My Bookstagram was also revived this month! I’ve been having loads of fun taking pictures of my books and finding new ways to interact in the book community. Come say hi to me @bookishteacups!
This month I posted about…
- How my blog officially turned two years old!
- The lack of introverts, especially in YA fantasy books/series.
- Authors who I’m dying to see more books from (T5W).
- How I read book tag.
- The many books I’ve obtained during summer.
- First lines that I adore (T5W).
- My obsession with Gilmore Girls.
- The rest of 2016 TBR (T5W).
- Childhood books that spurred my love for reading.
- Books I’m probably never going to read (T5W).
Seriously, I wasn’t kidding when I said I didn’t do much this month. I mostly read and blogged, not even lying. I just really hate summer, so I try to avoid it, which makes no sense because how can someone avoid an entire season? I’ve got no clue.
Although, I did preorder Empire of Storms and I’m so excited for it to come that I actually paid for expedited shipping. For one book. It’s game time.