Have you ever wondered what your life would be like at Hogwarts? Well, Michelle over at The Writing Hufflepuff has created a new tag where you can find that out. If you’ve seen/done the My Life In Books tag, it’s like that but Harry Potter edition! It’s also fantastic timing as I’m two books through my 2016 Harry Potter reread.
HOW IT WORKS
Pick four books to predict your future and follow the instructions for each question.
MY FOUR BOOKS
- The Wrath & The Dawn
- Lady Midnight
- Six of Crows
1. YOUR WAND- Open book 1 to a random page. The first noun you see will be what your wand is made of.
Mud. Well, that’s a fantastic wand, if I do say so. I hope that the mud doesn’t replace the wood, because that would be unfortunate.
2. YOUR PET- Does book 2 have animals? One of those animals will now be your pet. If the book doesn’t have any animals, then I’m sorry but your pet-less.
Does TW&TD have any animals in it? I don’t believe it does, so that’s sad for me. I guess I’m not getting any mail while at school!
3. YOUR HOGWARTS HOUSE- Open book 3 at a random page. Whatever House you’d think the character’s name you first see belongs to, is your House (woah that’s a weird sentence, hope that made sense).
Mark Blackthorn was the first name I say, and my first instinct for what house he would be in is Slytherin! I’ve got no clue why my mind immediately jumped to Slytherin, but I suppose that’s where I am now. Sadly, this isn’t my original house but I can make it work.
4. MAKE YOUR GOLDEN TRIO COMPLETE- Open book 4 at a random page. The first two names will be your best friends and complete your squad. If there’s only one name at said page, open another random page.
Oh my goodness, Jesper and Kaz. We’d get in more trouble than the OG Golden Trio! I’m a fan of this group, for sure.
5. YOUR HEAD OF HOUSE- Open book 1 at a random page. The first name you’ll see will be your Head of House.
Well, Cinder is now the Head of Slytherin House. I feel like Cinder would be a pretty fair Head of House, and not pick on another house (*cough* SNAPE *cough*).
6. YOUR ‘DRACO MALFOY’- Naturally you’ll need your arch nemesis/school rival. Open book 2 at a random page, the first name you’ll see will be your enemy.
Shahrzad, no! What did I do to deserve this! If Shahrzad is my enemy (currently so sad), and she knew magic, I’d so be a goner.
7. YOUR PATRONUS- Open book 3 at a random page. The first living creature you’ll see will be your Patronus.
Guess what everyone! Julian Blackthorn is my Patronus! Oh my goodness, that’s hilarious. Imagine a silver shadowy Julian fighting off a Dementor with a paintbrush. If only I got Church…
8. WILL YOU WIN THE HOUSE CUP?- How many pages does book 4 have? That’s how many points you’ll House have at the end of the school year. If the book has more than 400 pages it will have won the Cup, congrats!
462 pages, the House Cup is mine! Totally reminds me (this is a bit random) but at the end of Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore literally gives both Ron and Harry 200 points each. Dumbledore rigs the freaking House Cup every year.
So, while at Hogwarts my squad and I (Jesper and Kaz) go around winning the House Cup for Slytherin. Of course, as Head of the House, Cinder is very proud and teaches us all how to cast a patronus charm, and my patronus takes the form of Julian Blackthorn. Meanwhile, Shahrzad, my arch nemesis at school likes to make fun of my mud wand, and the fact that I have no animal at Hogwarts.