Alright, I’m going to be totally honest here. I have no idea where October went. I also can’t believe we only have two months of 2016 left, that’s crazy! Anyways, October was a bit of a weird month for me, in terms of everything, but more on that in the rest of the post. So, let’s wrap up the month!
Last month, my reading was a little sporadic, but I did manage to finish six books.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo | Review ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire by J.K. Rowling | 2016 reread ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling | 2016 reread ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling | 2016 reread ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling | 2016 reread ★★★★★ | Series Mini-Reviews
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas | Review ★★
As you can see, I finished my Harry Potter reread, which was oodles of fun. I also finally finished EoS. I’m so glad I’m done with that (please read my rant/review if you’d like to hear why), because I feel like my reading can finally get back on track.
I am also currently reading Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima and Child of the Light by D.M. Wiltshire. I’ve been enjoying both, especially Flamecaster at the moment, as it is the continuation of Chima’s Seven Realms series (which I read back in September/October and LOVED).
Yikes, the blogging took a hit this month. I didn’t mean for that to happen, but I simply got swamped with homework and midterms, and ran out of time to blog. It’s sad to admit, but whenever I had free time, I was napping instead of blogging.
I definitely don’t want to get behind in posting and reading your posts this month like I did in October, so I think I’ll try to write an entire week worth of posts on Sunday and schedule them. I’m also hoping for a good reading month, so I can write more reviews! I love writing reviews so much, and I only got to write two last month.
This month I posted about…
- How my September went in terms of reading and blogging.
- Some of my blogging quirks in the book blogger inside tag.
- Book covers that don’t reflect the story.
- My top five non-canon ships that sank like the Titanic.
- The Liebster award!
- My top five spooky setting in books.
What even happened during October? I honestly have no clue, this month was definitely the fastest month in 2016 for me (does that even make sense?). I feel like my life turned very monotonous this previous month, with no time to do anything but school. I had midterms coming up a few weeks ago, and I have a band concert tomorrow night, so the tensions of been a little high.
On the flip side, I’m hoping to slow down a bit this month and take some me time. It’s also American Thanksgiving and Christmas season, which are my two favorite holidays, so I’m pumped for the final months of 2016!
Here’s the question of the month… Can I finish 14 books in two months to finish my Goodreads challenge? Who knows.