The year has come to an end (thank goodness), which means it’s time to reflect on my reading in 2016! Here on this little blog, we’ve already discussed my blogging goals for 2017, and reading goals will be coming very soon (perhaps in a T5W… hmmm…), and now is the time for reflection.
To start out, let’s rip off the band-aid. I did not accomplish my Goodreads challenge last year. I had initially set it for 70 books in January, when I was happy and full of hope. Somewhere around March, I actually lowered that goal to 60 books because I knew I wasn’t actually going to get to 70. In the end, I read a grand total of 50 books, 10 shy of my ending goal.
I’m really not too mad about this, even though several were rereads. Let’s do some analysis, shall we?
Throughout the entire year, I averaged about 4 books at month with a standard deviation of about 1.5 (guesstimate, I didn’t actually bother to calculate). April and August were both exceptions. April, I read a grand total of 0 books. Woohoo! What fantastic statistics! However, August I read 10 books, which (without the sarcasm this time) is pretty awesome.
Overall, I think I read some pretty amazing books, so the number doesn’t really bother me. Quality over quantity, right?
In 2017, I’d like to read more overall. It’d also be great if I could not take an entire month and a half off of reading (*glares at past self*). Anyways, let’s take a quick gander at the books I read this year.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding | ★★★☆☆
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk | ★★★★☆
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo | ★★★★★
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli | ★★★★★
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (reread) |★★★★☆
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (reread) | ★★★★☆
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine |★★★★★
- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys | ★★★★★
- Salt to Sea by Ruta Sepetys | ★★★★☆
- The Diviners by Libba Bray | ★★★☆☆
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★☆
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling | ★★★★★
- The Crown by Kiera Cass | ★★☆☆☆
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead | ★★★★☆
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Mass | ★★★★★
- The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan | ★☆☆☆☆
- Just A Few Inches by Tara St. Pierre | ★★★★☆
- Frostbite by Richelle Mead | ★★★☆☆
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys | ★★★★☆
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes | ★★★☆☆
- The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh | ★★★★★
- The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh | ★★★★☆
- Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead | ★★★★☆
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne and John Tiffany | ★★☆☆☆
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead | ★★☆☆☆
- Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine | ★★★★☆
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley | ★★★☆☆
- The Purity Myth by Jessica Valenti | ★★★★☆
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima | ★★★★★
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead | ★★★★☆
- The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima | ★★★★★
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead | ★★★★☆
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (reread) |★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (reread) | ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (reread) | ★★★★★
- The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima | ★★★★★
- The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima | ★★★★★
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo | ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (reread) | ★★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (reread) | ★★★★☆
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (reread) | ★★★★★
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas | ★★☆☆☆
- Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein | ★★★★★
- Child of the Light by Deanna Wiltshire | ★★★☆☆
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima |★★★★☆
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin | ★★★★★
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch | ★★★☆☆
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer | ★★★☆☆
How did your reading year go? Did you accomplish your Goodreads challenge or anything other challenge you set for yourself? What was your favorite book of the year? Let me know!