Hello all, and welcome back to the blog! Recently, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the very lovely Moz at The Cracked Spine. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Be sure and pop on over their blog to say hello. I’ve done this award a few times in the past, but I have so much fun answering questions you all come up with, and then creating my own questions. So obviously, that leads to me giving this another go.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they wrote for you.
- Nominate 11 people.
- Give them 11 different questions to answer!
Who is your least favorite writer?
Alrighty, we’re throwing shade right off the bat. I don’t really know who my least favorite author is, but an author I’ve been extremely displeased with recently is Rick Riordan.
What was the last thing you read that made you stop and think?
The last book I read that really made me think was For Today I Am A Boy by Kim Fu. This book follows a Chinese transgender woman, and it’s super heart breaking. But also fantastic.
Where do you like to read?
I read in my bed, with ten million fuzzy blankets and pillows and my cat. It’s very comfy!
What is your favorite social media platform?
I must admit, I’ve really grown to enjoy Twitter over this last month or so. V.E. Schwab liked a tweet of my cat asleep on AGOS, so my life goals have been accomplished.
Do you like Turkish Delight?
I’ve never actually heard of Turkish Delight, so I googled it. Oh my gosh, I SO WANT TO TRY IT ALL. Everything looks so delicious, and I need it in my life right now.
What’s your favorite dinner?
You all are going to think this is weird, but my parents grew up in Ohio, and even though I wasn’t raised there this food love persists. So, an Ohio thing is Cincinnati Style Chili, and it’s spaghetti noodles with a meat based chili on top of that, and everything is topped with a CRAP load of shredded cheddar cheese. It’s absolutely delicious.
Is there one thing that puts you off a book more than any else?
Hmm.. I would have to say inappropriate age gaps between love interests (best example is a minor with an adult, say 16 and 25). I’ve complained about this a few times before, but it bugs me SO much and it needs to go away.
Do you like re-reading novels? Why?
I love rereading novels! Most of the time, I’m rereading my absolute favorite books, which is always fun. Also, I always notice something new each time, like hidden foreshadowing, or a dialogue line that I accidentally skipped the last time.
When did you start blogging?
I started blogging way back on August 2nd, 2014. So I’ve been blogging for about 2 1/2 years at this point (crazy oh my gosh).
Inside or outside?
I am the biggest hermit crab alive. I love staying indoors where I have cats, can control the temperature, and sit around in sweatpants without being judged. Plus, I get to read all time (reading outdoors with the sun is the true STRUGGLE).
Where have you visited that you would love to live?
I haven’t actually traveled much at this point in my life since I’m still in school. However, when I was younger I visited the Dominican Republic and I would LOVE to live there for a few years. It was absolutely gorgeous, and one of the best vacations I’ve been on.
THE LOVELY NOMINEES
- Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews
- Salmah @ Salmah’s Bookshelf
- Sara @ Freadom Library
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters
- Mahriya @ My Bookish Life
- M & B @ Closet Readers
- Lia @ Lost in a Story
- Louise @ geniereads
- Flo @ flowlessbooks
- Yvo @ It’s All About Books
- Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction
THE QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- What’s your favorite book trope?
- Have you ever been to an author signing? If so who?
- Put your music on shuffle, what’s the first song that played?
- What’s your dream job?
- Which bookish pet would you gladly adopt?
- What’s your favorite book of 2017 so far?
- What type of pet person are you? Dog? Cat? Fish? Dragon?
- Favorite food to snack on while reading?
- Which Harry Potter book would you reread, rewrite, and burn? (Or pick your favorite series to do!)
- What’s the biggest book on your shelf? (Size or length, you pick)
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?