Hello all! We’ve come to the end of another month, which means it’s time to wrap up all of the wonderful books of this month. February was a pretty awesome month for me, or at least the last two weeks of it was. However, I am so excited for March because by the time March ends, I’ll finally be a little less busy (FINALLY). On a side note, does anyone else think February looks like such a fake word? Maybe it’s just because everyone on the West Coast of the US here pronounces it like “feb-u-airy” but who knows.
You guys, I’m so proud of myself this month. I am always insanely busy in February, but I managed to read/finish a whopping SIX books! That brings my total up to 10 for the year, and I’m two books ahead on my Goodreads challenge. I’m never ahead, it’s the oddest feeling.
- The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak | Review ★★★☆☆
- For Today I Am A Boy by Kim Fu | Review ★★★★☆
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab | Review ★★★★★
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer | Review coming soon ★★★☆☆
- Brilliant Blunders by Mario Livio | ★★★☆☆ I like to read science books on my bus commute because I’m a little geek, and this was the one I’d been reading for the last few months.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber | Review ★★★☆☆
I’m currently reading A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab and loving it! My next couple of reads will most likely be some review books, but I’d also like to get to some new releases that I recently hauled.
I’m not going to lie to you all, the start of this month was ROUGH for me. I had midterms in the second week of the month, so up until those were over I basically just slept to avoid studying. That meant I didn’t read that much then, and also didn’t blog much either. However, I whipped my blog back into shape these last couple of weeks. I blogged and read like crazy, and it was awesome.
This month I posted about…
- How my January went in terms of reading and blogging.
- Book tropes that I wish would disappear.
- Some tips and tricks to break your reading slump.
- My answers to some awesome questions via the Liebster award.
- Some books to relieve your reading slump.
- The books that I obtained this month.
- I even got to write up a guest post for Lessons Learned by the lovely Closet Readers!
- Technically this post is also posted in this month, even though I usually post my wrap ups on the first of the month. Oh well.
Overall, things have been going pretty well recently! Apart from the fact that I had the chance to meet V.E. Schwab a few days ago (It was amazing, I’ve been meaning to write up a post about it but I haven’t had the time), nothing overly special has happened recently. I’m way more excited about some events coming up in March and April. The musical opens up in a few weeks, I’m touring my top college that I’ve already been accepted to this weekend, and the countdown to traveling to New York (where I get to perform in Carnegie Hall) begins!
I also ordered my very first bullet journal, which I’m super excited about. You may be getting some bullet journal related posts coming your way next month.
I hope everyone had a fantastic month, and that March will be just as fantastic or even better! Let me know what your favorite book of the month was, I’d love to know.